Saturday 22 April 2017

Day 114-118, Starting to shape up nicely Sat 22.04.17

The pattern has been similar this week, pushed hard at the weekend but over indulgent meat and wine kerbed my ketones. My mid week recovery rides really don't provide much boost to them and wanting to loose some weight before Fed Whitton I was determined to throw in some fasting.

Unfortunately during the week I failed and with the stress of work I had to eat. I had my laser eye surgery check up on Wednesday and I need another operation which I will have on Friday!

This week was meant to be a recovery week as I have pushed really hard for the last 3 weeks doing 400km each week. After my last eye op I was off the bike for 10 days so I decided to push my recovery week back to next week.

On Thursday my extended commute saw me take one of my MTB and hit RP, a warm up lap and a full on lap, I had through of 2 hot laps but that was not going to happen. I then rode to work via the Thames tow path to Putney, I have not ridden that for ages, really good to have no cars. After lates I rode home again pushing hard.

On Friday, despite my late bed time I still woke at my normal getting up for work time. I quickly headed out to stick in my last 60km before the forced rest/taper. I worked really hard but my av watts were only 200w for the 2 hours, in October I rode the same course with an average of 240w. I am assuming/hoping that much 20% reduction is due to the 1200km in my legs, they felt so heavy after this ride.

Operation went well and I had my checkup Saturday morning, as they peeled back the previously cut flap the irritation to the eye appears to be significantly less. In addition the amount of lasering required was much reduced so my vision is not a milky, oh and I only had it on my right eye. All in all the good news is I can get back on the bike Sunday......good news or enough rope to under recover.

Since Thursday, with the longer harder ride, I  have seen my ketones back at good levels. I am back on the broth as a few meal substitutes. I have also seen my weight slowly lower and stabilise around 75kg.
                                   g     k
Tuesday      18.04.17  5.9  0.2  42.4k
Wednesday 19.04.17  5.6  0.1  21.4k
Thursday    20.04.17  5.5  0.1  79.0k
Friday         21.04.17  4.7  1.5  60.5k
Saturday     22.04.17  4.1  1.4  Rest

Weight                      75.5 kg (-9.1 84.6kg)
Body fat                    17.5%   (-6.6 24.1%)
Chest                        102cm   (-9   111cm)  
Waist                         85cm     (-12  97cm)
Hip                            91cm     (-16 107cm)
Belt                           90cm      (-8    98cm)






No comments:

Post a Comment