Monday 17 April 2017

Day 111, What the....were did that come from?

So I have come the end of an intentionally tough 3 weeks on the bike, culminating in a ride with JS, JG & BC. We started with a steady pace and then started to pick this up in the hills. Despite already having 350km in my legs this week I felt I could push on the hills. I tried on the first and then the second.

I thought to my self, this is s sociable training ride if I blow up and have to back off so be it. We rode on and I gave an all out effort on box hill, about half way through the ride. I truly though after this I would be spent. We stopped for coffee and cake, (no cake for me) and JG peeled off.

As we went up Leif I felt good again, I kept recovering and feeling could push again and again. I really started to feel a depth of strength and endurance come back to me as I had to the summer last year.

My Ketones were only 0.4 on the way out, I had salt, water and coffee pre-ride, 2 bars, dried fruit and water on the ride. It worked a treat.

What a big jump from having to draft JS 3-4 weeks ago. Afternoon and lunch in the pub, happy days, very happy, rest week now.


https://www.relive.cc/view/944596715





No comments:

Post a Comment